Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Misc. comings and goings...

I thought I'd post some miscellaneous stuff since I don't really have anything new and exciting to report. The boys looked so cute the other day on their way to school, I finally got them some school clothes for Fall a few weeks ago. Joshua came with me and is SO fun to shop with. That sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but it's really true. He's my kid through and through. My favorite shopping story is when we went to Ikea in Arizona last Feb. and I promised the boys I would get them out of the play area when I went to the kid part of the store so I did. By that time Sam was at his LIMIT. He kept telling me his feet hurt and can we PLEASE GO BACK TO GRANDMA'S??? Josh on the other hand was a completely different story...he was running back and forth from bin to bin and one time he grabbed a wooden spoon from a big bin and said with WAY too much excitement "Look MOM! a SPOON!" I laughed all the way home at that, he is such a goof! ANYWAY, when we were school shopping Mark took Sam and Gabe to get some lunch and I took Josh and Will - KNOWING that Josh would be easier to shop with and I was SO RIGHT! He would find something he liked, then find his size....."Ooh...I like that shirt, it has a guitar on it...let me see if they have an 8....or OOH, FLAMES! where's an 8??!" Then he started shopping for Sam..."Oh Mom, I think Sam would like that! I need to find a 6!" It was really funny when we got to shoes and he was looking for a size 8 for him and a size 6 for Sam in shoes. I had to explain that shoe sizes don't work the same as clothes sizes do. :) Sam doesn't like to shop but he LOVED his new clothes! I knew he'd love this red and tan shirt with red pants because it was SOO soft and that is the first thing he said when he put them on. "Mom, when I get home from school I am not even going to change because these are already soft like my play clothes....can I wear them to bed?"

This is a picture I took the other day of my cute little pumpkin. He was all dressed up that day for no reason, I just felt like making him look cute. Sharla stopped by later to visit - wait..I should clarify...she stopped by later to visit GABE - and I told her it was a good thing she came by so she could see how cute Will looked. Plus, she's the one that bought him the little hat and socks..(actually they are mittens I think, but they looked cuter as socks!) so it was good for her to see them in action. :)
I love this of Sam reading to Gabe. He was reading to him so cute, in a little sing-song voice and Gabe was soaking it all up. Sam would say "he forgot his coat!" and Gabe would say "UH-OH!!" I got video too, it was so sweet - I know these are the times I'm going to look back on and miss the most from when they were small!
I got to go to lunch with Christine and Tiburon on Monday. It was so much fun to catch up. Tiburon and I both have 4 kids around the same age and Christine has 2 darling little boys that I have never even met. I was sad that her little Carter didn't come but I got to see Easton and he was SUCH a doll! Tiburon and I swapped "little Devil" terrible two-year old stories of Gabe and Olivia. I'm not sure who beats who - mine with the permanent marker on my cabinets and fridge or hers with the baby oil dumped in the kids' rooms and stairs!! :)
YAY for new furniture! We have been wanting a new set for our front room ever since we moved in but there have always been things we needed or wanted more. We found a great deal on this set and went for it! I was a little nervous because all we had to base the color on was a 5x7 swatch, but the color turned out to be MORE PERFECT than I could have imagined. It was exactly what I hoped for and matches so well!
I think that's all for now, Gabe is running around naked (I hope you're right about this Christine! :) ) waiting to go potty - I told him he can't watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse until he goes potty this morning, to which he replied "No tank you Mommy" so we'll see what happens. :) Will is asleep in his little moses basket on top of the dryer - which incidentally REALLY WORKS! He is so content, happy and snoozing away! I better make the most of these few minutes and CLEAN UP!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Cute, cute, cute boys. Will is so tiny! I swear Easton was never that little! :(

Christine said...

PS That is so cool that Josh likes to shop. Hopefully one of my children will enjoy shopping. I think Carter is definately out. He HATES Old Navy. I have to bribe him anytime we go there. And if we go to Target I always have to get popcorn and a drink to keep in entertained!

Our Family said...

I know what you mean about Target. We can't even walk through the door before Gabe is chanting "popcorn, popcorn!" It's a good thing it is so cheap! It's SO WORTH a buck to keep them happy while you shop! :)

Christine said...

Ok, sorry for all the comments. For some reason I missed the part that you had Gabe running around naked. How did it work?? It took us a few days of doing it for it to really work. Carter had NO interest at all.

Peggy said...

Love the new furniture! And your kitchen wall color, what is that? I totally need to paint and am looking for inspiration! Help!

Our Family said...

Christine: Yes, it worked...sort of :) He just didn't go until nap time when I put his diaper back on. I'll have to re-try on a few days when I commit to no naps. Ugh. :)

Peggy: The wall color is called Chocolate Raspberry and the ONLY reason I remember it is because it really is the PERFECT name for the wall! It is REALLY dark, but I've LOVED it. It took me an hour just to put the first brush of paint on though because in the can it looked PITCH BLACK and I just kept telling myself.."this can't be undone, this can't be undone!" I'm glad we like it because it would probably take like 10 coats of Kilz to fix it if we didn't. :)

tiburon said...

1. LOVE the new couches! They look great!
2. I am soooo all over the $1 Target popcorn combo. The minute we pull in the parking lot Lulu starts screaming for it.
3. Will is cute as can be!
4. We need to get together more often - we have no excuse.