Sunday, October 7, 2007

a fun day...

We had a fun day today. We relaxed and watched the last two sessions of conference. I told Mark I wish conference was every 3 months instead of every 6. There is just something about relaxing with your family and listening to talks that all seem to be meant exactly for YOU. The added bonus of not battling the two year old monkey for an hour in a public chapel during sacrament meeting was nice too. I am always sad when it is over. I love that it comes at the beginning of my two favorite seasons, the start of Fall (one of my favorites, but MILES behind summer) and the start of Spring. We talked about what talks we liked best tonight and Joshua said his favorite was Gordon B. Hinckley's talk about Joseph Smith, when asked why he said "because when he talked about Joseph Smith it warmed my heart and I could really feel the spirit" this is word for word out of my eight year old. I love that kid! Then Sam repeated the exact thing as Joshua for his favorite talk but I think had he thought a little harder he would have said the talk about the shoes. He laughed all day yesterday about the dad that painted his son's toe black with black shoe polish because his big toe was sticking out and they couldn't buy new shoes. It was one of my favorite stories too. :) Mark enjoyed the talk about decisions being good, better or best, and I enjoyed a talk yesterday about all callings being equal and not one better than the other, and how we are all equal also. (I'm horrible about remembering WHO gave these talks and I didn't write any notes...sorry!) Gabe just chanted "Jesus, Jesus" and danced a little jig. We often look at each other during times like this and wonder just where this child comes from.....Mars, maybe? The jungle even? Seriously, if I wasn't so sure it was me that has raised him from infancy I'd be sure he'd been raised by monkeys. :) His newest thing is saying "no thank you" to everything....like it's going to get him out of doing things he doesn't want to do: "Gabe, it's time for bed" .... "No, tank you" - "Gabe, you need to go tell Sam you're sorry" ..."No, tank you" etc. It's pretty cute, I must admit. He's such a little goofball. :)

Anyway, on with our day - after conference we had a nice visit from Grandma Cain, Ron, John and Taysha. I got a cute picture of Taysha holding Will, John held him for a minute before that but was a little worried about "breaking" him so he gave him up quickly and just admired him from a distance. :) I'm sad that I didn't get a picture of Mary holding him - she even got him to sleep when he was starting to fuss! We played a fun game of apples to apples, then said good-bye. We had a yummy dinner of chicken, carrots and potatoes (that only Mark and I seemed to enjoy) Gabe said "no tank you - it's vezy(very) kaa kaa" ...thanks kiddo! and the other two asked every two seconds how many more bites they needed to take before they could be done and still get dessert. Oh well, we tried!

That about sums up the day. I'm excited for Halloween, I think I'll let the boys wear their halloween shirts tomorrow!


This was Friday night. We picked up a pizza on the way home and the boys had a pizza party with their t.v. trays while watching a movie. This is probably their most FAVORITE thing to do!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Melanie, you are such a GREAT mom and everytime I hear about your family, I get all teary. You just have it SOOO together! You're wonderful and I love you!

tiburon said...

I loved conference! Your boys are too cute. :)

Lisa said...

OK, can you have Josh come touch my children or something? Get them more on a spiritual wavelength? Amazing kid! Also, I'm glad to hear that it's not just my children that turn their nose up at everything at the dinner table. My favorite story.....Gabe being the "Jesus cheerleader" hehe Love ya!