Friday, March 28, 2008

My cute hubby...

So I asked Mark to pick up some grapes and some chips from the store to go along with the Sloppy Jo's I was making for dinner last night. When he got home he made a big deal about some items in one of the sacks. He said "I bought something today for someone in our family that kind of gets forgotten about" (I knew he wasn't meaning me or the kids because he brings us home treats ALL the time) so my immediate guess was Toby the cat. I had no sooner said his name when Mark pulled out some cans of moist cat food and a catnip toy just for our furry little family member. I thought this was so sweet. Cuter still was when I went to put something in his wallet later that night and found his little post-it shopping list inside. It read:

Chips
Grapes
Bananas
Oranges
Cat food and toy

How funny that it wasn't even a last minute decision, but was carefully planned out. Toby REALLY appreciated it. So much so in fact that we had to take the catnip toy away after about 30 seconds. He was going CRAZY with it. I don't think he's ever had a "drugged-up" toy before. Poor kitty.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

AWE! How very thoughtful!!

Shill and Company said...

Hey Melanie-

This is your long lost friend Chrissie. I found your blog in kind of a random way. The Barnett's had the Evan's listed under their fellow blogger list and then I found you on theirs! I am grateful for those of you who do not have password protected sites! I on the other hand do have one that is blocked. I would love to invite you to it though.

Anyway, I have loved reading through quite a bit of your site. I am in awe of all of your posts! I think I would need to take an hour or two to read through it all. You have such an amazingly beautiful family. Four boys! Wow, you must have all sorts of fun.

I would love to get in touch with you soon. Why don't you drop me an email at mamacricketbean@yahoo.com and I'll invite you to see our blog and our family of 6 as well.

This post about Mark is awesome. What a great guy. You guys were always so good together. It is fun to see how your family has grown.

Oh, and I must say that I was in awe when I saw your little William and how much he looked like Joshua as a baby. That brought back so many memories of watching him and Hannah as little babies. Those were great times!

Alright, now that I have written a short novel I will go away.

Love-
Chrissie

AD said...

Mark is now one of my favorites. Right up there with Trish's husband! :)

Reggs said...

First...that cat thing is really cute! I love a guy who has a soft spot in his heart for the kitty. :)
Second...I ADORE YOU!!! I had no idea the Fourney's were your cousins! I was checking blogs, and I was on Shar's page, and I got stuck on a phone call so I started clicking the links on Shar's page and found that post about the barking dog. Sorry!! Now I know, I hope she didn't mind my post. :)

Diane said...

Do you just realize how wonderful of a man you are married to. I hope you take very good care of him spoil him. He is awesome.