Monday, April 26, 2010

A poem for Gabe

Okay, so It's been more than forever since my last blog post. I have no excuses or explanation. Well...I have lots of excuses and explanations, so finding just the right one is more the problem. ANYWAY! Let's play a little game where we pretend like this never happened and move on to bigger and better things....k? Okay, here goes.

It's GABE'S FIFTH BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!! I will try to add pictures later. But for now I just wanted to post this darling poem that I found. I think it's perfect.

A Verse for the Night Before a Birthday

(M. Meyer Kort)

When I have said my evening prayer,
And my clothes are folded on the chair,

And my mother switches off the light,
I'll still be four years old tonight.

But, from the very break of day,
Before the children rise and play,

Before the darkness turns to gold,
Tomorrow, I'll be five years old.

Five kisses when I wake,
Five candles on my cake!


We will wake him uber early tomorrow for our 2nd annual, "take the birthday child to McDonald's for breakfast before Daddy goes to work tradition" I can't wait.

Happy Birthday my Super Gabe! I love you!!!

7 comments:

Anaise said...

I've missed you.

Please write again, soon.

Happy birthday to your 5 year old boy--one whole hand!

Peggy said...

A post from Melanie!? Yeah!

Way cute poem. Happy Birthday to Gabe!

Whitney said...

How cute!! I love your blog and your cute fam--keep in touch, okay?!

~ME said...

HOLY COW!!!! I thought you were gone forever!!! YEA!!! So glad you're back! (maybe) Thanks for the post and Happy Happy Birthday Gabe!

Brandi said...

That's a cute poem. Happy birthday Gabe! And have fun at McDonald's for breakfast!

Judy said...

So good to hear from you and be able to congratulate Gabe--it's GREAT to be 5!

Malena said...

Happy Birthday, Gabe!!!

Glad you're back, cuz :)