Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Got it on Ebay!

I just got this in an e-mail from my awesome AUNT CARMA with a note that said "I thought you might enjoy hearing mine and your mom's new theme song!" The funny thing is...I think she might be right! I think my mom got 3 or 4 packages in "bubble wrap" while we were visiting her a few weeks ago. I can't talk though, I definitely go through my "ebay" spurts where sometimes it seems as though I'm living on the site. I've been lots better lately though! It's a really funny song, except I'm still wondering why they spelled the word "Gonna" like "Gona' " - not that either of them are actually a word but weird anyway. I'm sure most of you have already seen it, but thought I'd post it anyway just for fun. This is dedicated to my mom and Aunt Carm. Oh, and to Cindy who is ABSOLUTELY my ebay guru. She's taking a break now but she's one mean sellin' machine when she's not....actually, she's really not mean at all, in fact, she bends over BACKWARD to make everyone happy. She's just amazing, I wanted to be just like her until I realized how much time and energy really goes into selling stuff. I did it one Christmas and did quite well but it TOTALLY ZAPPED me!!! So here's my question for YOU....what is your most favorite, or least favorite or most unusual or expensive or least expensive...etc... thing you've bought on ebay??? Mine (favorite and unusual) would have to be a set of Lily Padz - a set of reusable nursing pad thingy's. I bought them when I was pregnant with Gabe. I loved them! Okay...YOUR turn! Now GO!


6 comments:

Karina said...

My favorite ebay purchase was my custom-made car seat cover. Everywhere I go people tell me how cute it is! I chose the fabric and the gal made it lickity-split.

Cindy said...

Love that video Mel! I had heard the song before somewhere but hadn't seen the video before. I rarely buy anything on ebay except for packing supplies to ship my ebay sales. One of the first things I sold though were a couple Pottery Barn Kids frog toothbrush holders I found on clearance for .99 each. They ended up selling for around $30 each. That was exciting and I'm pretty is what got me addicted to selling on ebay.

Kandis said...

I loved the song but I'm sad to report that I'm an E-bay virgin. That's right, I've never sold or purchased anything on E-bay. Is that crazy or what? I love the classifieds on ksl.com so I guess that's the closest thing to E-bay, but really the only thing I've purchased on that website is a piano. So, in a nutshell, I guess my favorite purchase has been a piano.

Unknown said...

That is so funny!!

I have always wanted to try Lilly Padz. I was going to buy some with Addison, but I never knew anyone who had used them and wasn't sure about them. Now I know to try them next time.

As for me, my best purchase has been a really cute swimsuit I bought for Addison last year. :)

Diane said...

Hmm. Can't say as I can participate in this blog. I've never bought on ebay. I don't really like buying something sight unseen. Call me crazy for all the deals I must miss.

AD said...

Favorite purchase was a Mark Jacobs bag...I was obsessed with finding a good deal...I checked daily for months. Finally found the bag but guess what? The hunt for the bag was WAY more fun than actually owning the bag...hmmmm